Friday, July 9, 2010

Brother in OZ

Well another post so close to the last. My brother informs me that he is intending to come to AU in September - we sort out the dates and I book the internal flights and accommodation - he's meeting and staying with a friend in Cairns and he and I are spending 4 days in Sydney together.He has vertigo and will not do the bridge climb with me - I'll go it alone I think.

RUN MELBOURNE 10K - 18th July 2010
Well my training program has suffered a set back -my knee gave me problems last week and I was unable to train for 6 days - I think I over did it - I had 3 days of 8km or more and pushed too hard I think. I am fearful of not breaking 55 minutes for the 10k due to the break in training but also that I started the regime at week 3 instead of the first week. I was already behind the eight ball and now this. Is this an excuse? @#$% no!

I am still aiming at sub 55. Even contemplated buying new runners, the Brooks Trance 9's I have are 6 months old, so maybe they contributed to my knee injury. The new Trance's are $275 and whilst I have the cash - I'm struggling to justify it without an income at the moment. That's my story on everything at present.

The run's only 8 days away and will give a full account of myself post the run.

No comments: