Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Melbourne Marathon - 10th October 2010

A couple of days to contemplate my running regime and have set myself a few goals:

Run under 50 minutes for 10k before I'm 50 - September 2011
Complete a half marathon before I'm 50 - looking at the "Run Melbourne " one next July
Run a race over 5k with Harry and Michelle
Coach Michelle and Harry to a sub 30 minute 5k

Today was a rest day, but I still managed to enter the Melbourne marathon 10k in October. Add to that, I also entered Harry into the kids 2.5k run- he's going to be stoked when he wakes up tomorrow morning!

All with a timing chip, bib, medal, T shirt, website results and a goody bag - and best of all the finish line is ON the MCG!!! how cool is that? His bib number is: 35093

Luckily the races are hours apart, mine is at 7:30am and his at 11:30am, which is great as I'll be able to cheer him on. Guess I better invite his grandparents.

Also looking at the Princes Park 10k on 1st August, but haven't yet nominated .

Got my official race time today and I guess my Garmin is pretty accurate as I was 2 seconds out - could have been a delay in my hit the start/stop button - I still maintain we ran 10.22k though:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, always nice to get comments from someone new, but especially so from someone who lives so close!
Love your 10k under 50 goal - I've decided that from next year on I'm going to have a "10k under my age in minutes goal"- I'm currently 51. Love the way you are getting your family involved too something I've not managed do.

Alexkyp said...

Hi ajh,

Thanks for your reply. Try the training plan for your family in my blog: My 1st 10k run - the day after - it's very easy to begin with - almost fast walking at 7.5kph and that for only 2-3 minutes for the 1st few weeks.