Sunday, July 25, 2010

Easy Run Day - Not!

Well today was supposed to be my easy run day - a gentle 40mins - about 7 k's. Never happened; I helped my brother in law do some concreting, so I'm going to do it tomorrow as this will be a rest/ CT day.

Whilst working on a concrete mixer I saw a couple running up the street - bloke in front, lass about 10 metres behind. I spoke to them as the ran by and inquired as to their route and distance. Route was unfamiliar to me, but they were doing 2 x 2.5k circuits. I was so envious!

I ran an early 6k yesterday morning that brought the 100k for July for me and 36k for the week - including last Sundays' "Run Melbourne" 10k. Surprised me as I'd had a few days rest because of my knee and a taper down before the race.


Got sent my photo's from "Supersportimages" yesterday (re Run Melbourne) - 8 in total although 2 of them didn't have me in the photo! Only one really worth buying, but $19.95 for a digital down loadable photo - seems a bit rich to me:

Tomorrow (Monday) is Michelle and Harry's 1st day of their training plan for the C25k. Can't wait to publish their progress, hopefully it will inspire others to do the same. Tomrrow is a 5 minute walk then a 2 minute jog at 7.5kph (equates to 250m) followed by a 5 minute walk. Tuesday is a rest day for them followed by the same set as Monday.

No comments: