Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Father in Laws Birthday

Father in laws birthday yesterday and I got home from work early enough to go for a 5km run before we headed over there. Guess I'm addicted as it was pouring with rain, but I relished the thought that at least it would be comfortable temp wise. Harry my 8 year old passes up on the opportunity to bike ride with me, so I took the Ipod instead and set a fairly fast tempo listening to the Foo Fighters.

Mistake 101 - always hydrate before the run - felt really dry from the 2km mark, which is really unusual - I tend to need hydrating around the 6km mark, so I struggled a bit but still was well within 5.30 per km.

Only have a 3.2km taper to go before 2 days of rest and then the race.

Father in law turned 61 yesterday and he sponsored me $50 for my run on Sunday - for the Smith Family charity. Good on you!

Builder came round tonight with the plans -fascia looks great and the split level idea is really appealing - will wait for further plans.

No comments: