Thursday, July 1, 2010

July 2010

Well it's been nearly 7 months since my last entry and life continues to throw up numerous challenges and surprises.

Christmas 2009 was a relatively low key affair. I guess we ( Michelle, the boys and I) were waiting for the new year when we'd be off to Perth for 2 and a half weeks.

Still toughing out the grieving process - mostly alone, occasionally in front of Michelle. I think this is something that we both hope would just go away, although it's still with me now some 7 months later, albeit at greater intervals.

Perth was a blast - the weather was perfect and we all got to meet my grand daughter who was about 8 months old at the time. We stayed at the same place we always do - Mont Clare Apartments in East Perth - Very comfortable and well priced.



My ex brother and sister in law ( Steve and Elaine) lent us their car for the duration of our stay which was very kind. A fairlane no less!

We also spent Australia day with another ex brother in law ( John) and his wife Sara and their daughter Lauren. The boys had a great day/night in the pool, playing pool, the wii etc. Michelle and had a few too many and stayed the night!

Whilst on holiday in Perth we decided to have a mini break in Sydney at the end of April that coincided with an 80's exhibition at the Powerhouse on Darling Harbour.

April 2010 - Sydney



Stayed at the Medina Grand on Kent St Sydney - awesome hotel. Huge accommodation and very up market in the middle of Sydney. Two minute walk to Darling Harbour and 15 mins to circular Quay. Climbed the towers of the bridge, went to Bondi and Manly. Visited the Zoo and walked for miles and had numerous ferry rides - Sunday for $2.50 each you can have unlimited travel on the train, the ferry and the bus - we used it all day and had a few ferry rides!

May 2010
Not sure on the catalyst for this but I decided to "Run Melbourne" 10km in July to raise money for the "Smith Family" I have no income coming in, but I'm ever the optimist and I can't help giving to charity.

Been training pretty hard for it and currently clock up 30-40 kms per week

June 2010
World Cup - YES!

I'm a pom, what did you expect? Spent half my days asleep and the other half (nights) awake.
The Poms draw against the USA in the first week and the focus then diverts to the Aussies, but a 4-0 caning against the Germans virtually puts an end to the campaign. I can't recall a side ever making it to the next phase after such a drubbing.

The Poms scrape through their group and are dumped out in the knockout round by the Germans 4-1 - another contentious decision - why is it always against the poms?

The aussies fail to make the cut btw.

July 1st 2010

School holidays - the boys and I went to the museum today and are planning to go to the zoo on Monday with Harry's friend Noah and his brother Nicholas.

No comments: