Sunday, July 11, 2010

My First 10km Race

Well the countdown is truly on - 7 days until my 1st 10km race.

Had a perfect 8km run yesterday with my 8 year old son (he on his bike) perfect at this moment is 5 minutes 30 seconds per km and I did the 8 km in 44:35 and that was with a couple of stops due to the traffic, so I'm pleased with the time. I have a Garmin GPS watch that tells me everything ( speed, distance, lap time, time, heart rate etc) during and after my run which is a godsend. The GPS of where I ran - I did the Pacoe Vale Road/Mascoma Street lap twice:







I've set a target of under 55 minutes for the 10km and have raised nearly $200 for the Smith Family.(I actually sponsor a couple of disadvantaged children also)



My schedule for this week is:

Monday - Spin Class
Tuesday - 4.8km run
Wednesday - Spin Class
Thursday 3.2km run
Friday - Rest
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - The Race!

No comments: